Friday, August 15, 2008

The Corn Chips are Amazing!!

I avoided buying the heirloom corn chips from LVL at first as they seemed so pricey to me when I can get organic corn chips at Trader Joe's for MUCH cheaper. However, I tasted them at the Clarkston Farmers Market and they were very good, but I still held out due to the price. Well then I tried them again at our CSA (Rocky Gardens) and my kids really liked them. Still, I abstained from purchasing them. Well this week as I did my LVL order, they beckoned me to get them, don't know what prompted me as we have a couple of bags of other corn chips in the house.

I ordered them and the kids found them in the pantry today (I didn't really hide them, but didn't tell them they were there). They had a wee munch while my mom was here babysitting.

Well dinner tonight was Nachos and I planned to unveil the chips (well was I shocked to see they had already been discovered). We LOVED them.

First, they are very crunchy and have a great flavor. Secondly, they aren't overly salty as many chips can be. Third, Julie mentioned this to me and she is right, they are very filling. I ate a small amount with my nacho toppings and was STUFFED, so was my daughter.

However, as Jay and I were talking about how good they are and the price, we said that we just have to suck it up and make these our staple chip. It is just too good and the fact that we personally know the farmer who grows the corn as well as the fact they are made locally and with Prime ingredients (where else can you get a chip with primo Celtic Sea Salt on them and fried in a decent oil).

So we are sold on these, lock, stock and barrel. We have ended our quest for a great corn chip!!

Lisa

No comments: