Sunday, August 3, 2008

A few reviews

I wanted to start by reviewing the No Sugar Added Mixed Berry Jam from Food for Thought. I have been purchasing this through LVL for a while and my kids love it. I ran out and had to use another brand of organic jam. My three year-old cried that he didn't want that jam he wanted the "grape jam". I couldn't figure out what he meant, I have never bought grape jam?? Turns out he meant the Mixed Berry. It is a dark purple color so he called it "grape". Well it really is just a "great" jam!!! It is not too sweet, but just sweet enough that it lets the berries shine through. It spreads great and really I could eat it just off the spoon. I really love this jam and so do my kids!! We make a PBJ sandwich with homemade bread, Naturally nutty butters and this jam and really you think you are eating dessert.

This leads to my second review. The naturally nutty butters are divine. I haven't tried one I don't like yet. Our hands down favorite is the Honey Roasted Cinnamon. However, the Vanilla Almond is amazing too. The Vanilla Almond smells like a sugar cookie. It is really a treat and I could just eat it plain right out of the jar, but paired with some yummy jam it makes a terrific sandwich.

The La Vida Local Thermal Mug. I saw this at the LVL booth at the Clarkston Farmer's Market and was really impressed. I went back this week and bought one. Now my husband wants one and so does my daughter. The carry case is mighty handy, it is so easy to drink from and does not leak. I used it just for ice water so far, but it kept it wonderfully cold. I love the tea strainer and the extra screw cap to make sure their are no leaks when traveling! I put ice water in it about 5:45 pm last night and we were outside at my in-laws pool. I brought it home and left it on the counter (I wanted to test how cold it would be). At 1:30 pm my daughter took a drink and said, "oh, it is really cold". I opened it to see if there was any ice left. The ice was gone, but the water was ice cold!! This is the best hot/cold mug I have ever seen!! Can't wait to try the hot in it.

Lisa

No comments: