Thursday, July 3, 2008

Shampoo bar and crystallized honey review!

Hello all, hope everyone enjoyed our beautiful summer day before we turned back into Seattle ;)

Just wanted to give a little review on a couple of things regarding skin care... Skin care? I thought you said shampoo & honey?!?!

That's right...I said skin care...

I have been trying different combinations of natural products lately for my oily/blemish prone skin (no, I am NOT a teenager...). So, here is what I found that has worked wonders...really. The tea tree/mint shampoo bar from Boh Bon is WONDERFUL for my hair, face, and chest/back. (I use the green tea/green clay soap from Creation for the rest of my body and LOVE it too) I also got a tip from a friend in the honey business that honey is really good for your skin...honey, I thought?!?! rather sticky, isn't it? Not in the shower...and Crystallized honey is even better. It is a wonderful scrub for all your blemish prone/ blocked pore/ and generally rough skin problems. Next I use the jewelweed spray from Creation, which is not just for itch, it is a toner too! Ready for the big finish?!?!... Virgin coconut oil for moisturizer! A little goes a LONG way, it smells awesome, and it does not make my face oily or clog the pores. In fact, some research has shown it is a good sunscreen.

So, there you have it...I finally found the right skin care for my teenager-like skin. Hope this helps someone in need;)

1 comment:

EcoBurban said...

hmmm, that's good to know. I ordered a shampoo bar this week and if it doesnt' work out, I am betting it will be great as a body bar then!

I have heard the same about the honey, but have yet to try it. I think I have an older jar hiding in the back of my pantry because it crystallized and I just couldn't decide what to do with it. I hate to throw good things away and it looks like now I have a use for it!