Tuesday, July 29, 2008

GE Sugar Beets in MI--boycott Kellogg...buy sugar cane

Thanks to Lisa for sending me this link about the genetically engineered sugar beets in MI this year--I've been crying inside about this for some time, and it seems like most people that I bring the subject up with have not heard of it. We should be SHOUTING in Michigan about this danger! Boycotting Kellogg is a start, but it should go far beyond that--and I doubt many of us at this blog eat much sugar-laden stuff anyway...it seems more like we should be boycotting Domino Sugar and Pioneer as well...choose natural sweeteners, like raw honey and maple syrup...and if you must have some sugar (I love it in my coffee), try Florida Crystals' organic sugar grown in the US from sugar cane...organicbythecase.com carries it in different sizes.

I implore you to learn about GMOs and tell everyone you know.

This article also has interesting comments following it...

3 comments:

thecraichead said...

"We hear some fringe groups expressing concern ... but we're not hearing a general outcry from the general populace at all."

Of course not, because the general populace doesn't know. And that's exactly the way they like it.

Jules and Kids said...

Thanks again to my attorney, Lisa, for making me aware of this other issue in the GM sugar beet saga...

http://www.seedalliance.org/index.php?page=SugarBeetJune2008

thecraichead said...

"...when biotech is proud enough of its work that it will label it, then maybe they will have a place in free and fair trade."

Too bad that quote is too long for a bumper sticker.