Tuesday, June 17, 2008

More Local Food and a rhubarb recipe

On my own blog, I posted about (and some pictures) the breakfast and lunch I had today. I also posted a recipe for a fabulous Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp I made Sunday night. I saw that Julie posted some more rhubarb recipes on her website, so I thought this might be a something useful for those who have some extra rhubarb (I love to put it away in the freezer to use all year!!).

Dinner tonight was local too, We had roasted chicken (we get our chickens from Cloverlawn Farm--Jackie and Steve Good who I think live near Imlay City), Kim chi (homemade) and some of the Leelanau Cultured Veggies Ty's Spiced Beets which are oh so good, for the side dish my hubby whipped up some sauteed greens which was a combo of swiss chard and some unknown asian green both from Cinzori's Organic Farm. He added a bit of garlic, ginger, sesame oil and organic tamari sauce to the greens. Yummy!!

Lisa

No comments: