Saturday, June 28, 2008

Boh Bon Soap Review

OK, first of all, I swear I have no affiliation with the Boh Bon Soap company. Really. This is going to sound like a sales pitch, so I figured I better get that out of the way first!

I love this soap. My kids love this soap. My husband with the itchy-scratchy-rashy skin loves this soap. We were the ones who stumbled upon them at the Plymouth festival and bought a few bars. Then we ordered a few more bars. Then I recommended them to Julie because I thought the product was so superb and the idea of zero-plastic packaging just so awesome.
The Bayshore Blues is a family favorite, the fresh and spicy scent really is like a fresh, Grand Traverse Bay breeze. The littlest boy just plain loves it because it's blue. I love it because my boys actually use it, which means they get semi-clean. I have 4 boys, I will take what I can get!

I have been trying the Earth Mama Goat to wash my face. I read this article about the amount of plastics in face washes and cream cleansers and got completely icked out. Though, I really didn't want to pay $8 for a bar of burt's bees either. Then, I heard from a friend that goat's milk soap is great for your complexion, so I thought I would give it a go. I've got to tell you, in the world of soap, this bar for $3.25 is a darn bargain compared to fancy-schmancy face washes and designer bar soaps! I'm betting it will last longer too. It's been doing a great job of washing up my sweaty, oily face each night after spending the day in the heat and dirt watching my boy's playoff baseball games. It's not dried out or itchy and I think I smell pretty darn good when I go to bed at night too! And, I sleep a little better knowing it's all natural and didn't come to me wrapped in any plastics at all.
This week I am going to make the foray into the world of shampoo bars, I am ordering a bar this week. As a die-hard Aveda hair product user, this will be the ultimate test of the shampoo! I will keep you updated!

No comments: