Saturday, June 14, 2008

Product Reviews: My thoughts

Here's just a few of my thoughts on the products I've been ordering...
Yogurt: Wonderful!
I eat it for breakfast over fresh berries, granola and some raw honey (from Julie!) for breakfast and it has actually 'cured' my hayfever--NO JOKE! Google "probiotics hayfever" and you'll get a whole bunch of articles about the benefits of the "good bacteria" found in the yogurt. Usually this time of year, when the white fuzzies are flying around, I'm stuck in the house with a box of kleenex and a handful of Benedryl...not this year--I haven't taken an allergy pill since the beginning of May. That's 60+ pills I have not had to take, not to mention the $$ it's saved me as well. My other half has become a believer and he's starting to eat it too...he has his for dessert after dinner. I'll keep you posted on how it's working for him.

Sour Cream: Really good--fantastic consistency and taste. I can't buy this too often though, as I find myself creating dinners around the sour cream! :-)

Half & Half: Makes a great cup of coffee in the morning even better!

Peanut Butter: one word YUM! Both are really good! The toffee one is a bit sweeter (but that's how I like it when I eat it right out of the jar!) :-)

Global Warming HOT salsa: Like the other review here, the salsa's have a really unique flavor, a bit smokey, but not so much that it overpowers the rest of the flavors. The HOT is our favorite. I make 'deli' quesadillas in my paninni maker; lunch meat (turkey breast or chicken), cilantro, jalapenos and cheese and then top with sour cream & the salsa. It's a perfect light dinner on hot nights when I don't feel like "cooking".

Well, that's enough for now...I'm off to enjoy this great weekend!
L

1 comment:

lrimerman said...

Thanks for the reviews. I don't doubt that the yogurt is great for your health. You need a properly functioning immune system (which is mostly based in your gut) to avoid allergies!! However, I bet a bit of your recovery is due to the raw honey too. Raw honey has many healing properties and the studies say if you eat raw honey from your own locale, you will be inoculated with the things in your environment (as the bees are pollinating the plants in your local area)and that will help your allergies